Thursday, June 12, 2008

Are you sure it's not spam?


Every day I clear out to my Gmail spam filter, although not once have I ever found a message that Google erroneously captured. I guess I check it simply out of the eternal optimism that some gorgeous, brilliant woman might be e-mailing me and it would be just my luck that the message would end up in the spam-box and my chance at eternal happiness would be automatically deleted after 30 days. Needless to say, I've never seen that message in my spam filter either.

The other day, as I was skimming through my spam-box, I saw an e-mail from "Agamemnon," who was very concerned about my love-making abilities. Google marked this as spam, but I wasn't sure why. Is it that hard to believe that a hero of Greek Mythology would e-mail me to inform me of ways that I can ensure that my significant other is thoroughly satisfied? After all, Agamemnon was killed by his wife (who was clearly very dissatisfied), so he would appear to be an expert on the matter.

No comments: